Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Three Secrets to Recovering Treasure

Get IN- Get Treasure- Get out!

In the world of treasure hunting you will have to develop your own set of ethics. I will not tell you what is wrong or write. I only know what works for me. In the shadow world of full time treasure there is no set black and white. Each person lives by their own code. It is not my job to choose your moral point of view. I can look at myself in the mirror with no guilt. I have made my share of mistakes. I can live with that. We learn and move on.

That being said all large treasures are discovered in research first. Getting permission comes later. So in my world the research first and then moving it to secure permission to be on the land is done.

Once you target your area and have an idea on where to look, the rest is easy.

I am not a coin shooter. I will not waist my time. However if you are new to my world you need to learn the tricks of the trade. Detecting at parks and beaches is useful. Also a recommend detecting in you own yard. For the first few times dig everything. Better to spend a few days digging up trash. You will learn how to scratch metal objects in the ground. This is good, I would rather spend time scratching up a can, as opposed to a silver dollar. Also you will learn soil conditions and your detector sounds and signals. It is important to learn to dig something so you do not destroy lawns or landscaping. This is vital, leave no trace that you were there.

Master your detecting and retrieval of targets. There is no replacement for experience and you will not learn to find real treasure unless you have used your detector.

So you will spend time learning the technique. As you do that, you must look into history to provide the leads. History understanding and people understanding. You will look back into the past for a person that had a reason to stash his cash. You will also look into events that might have caused people to bury there valuables.

After the place is located the operation moves into a Networking mode and then a tactical mode.

I will fill in a lot of the details over time there is so much to share.

The recovery is the most vital part of this operation and will be expanded on later. For now the goal is to recover and get away from the area, leaving no trace that you were there.

Simple really. It only gets more interesting.

2 comments:

Whitewolf said...

Okay....we are waiting.

Anonymous said...

well you must have some awful good stuff you're smokin there cause you only post about once every 10 years, ha, ha