Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Treasure Hunting Partners to watch out for.

Hunting treasure with other people can be fun. But you need to be aware of the different kinds of people that you might encounter.

I have several steps that I take to screen people I work with but that is not relevant right now.

These are the major personality's of Treasure Hunting. There are more I am sure I will forget but this will give you a good idea.

1) The Party Animal- This creature has no real desire to find treasure, he just wants to get away from home and party in the desert. His gear consists of a metal detector he has never used and beer,lots and lots of beer.

2) The jokester- Similar to the party animal but he just wants to laugh and joke around. He does not want to work he just wants fun.

3) Johnny Armageddon. Stay away from this one. He is paranoid and armed to the teeth. He wants to go out in a blaze of glory. If you do find treasure with him, those guns will be aimed at you. (been there,done that, No thank you.) These ones are easy to spot. They can not act any different than they are. They cannot fake who they are. A true desert rat.

4) The Cool Professor Gentleman: I love these ones but they are higher maintenance and best suited to watch the camp area. They are store houses of information and handy as heck. But they are not in top physical condition. Because of this they cant hike 5 miles up a mountain. Again have him watch the camp. They are happy as heck to do this and can be counted on to be honest, and give you valuable information and guidance. I wish I could find more of them, allot more.

5)Wiley Greenhorn- These are my favorite, they want to learn and they are ready for action. You will have to be patent with them and teach them things, but they are so worth it. They need encouragement and guidance. If you take one on you better have the right temperament. They are allot of work.


6) Mr Findmetreasure- They don't want to work or learn anything. But they are all over you for their share if something is found. I do not tolerate them and neither should you.

7) Covert Operative Man: They spend months planning there operations. They have back up plans for any perceived threat. They can use "Covers" and they plan them well. Recovery of caches is a military operation for them. Git in,Get cache, Get out. That is who I am. To be honest my type freak out a lot of treasure hunters,because for us treasure hunting is a business and lifestyle. It is not a hobby.

Hope you have enjoyed my thoughts. If you can add any other types please feel free.


ericwt

1 comment:

Whitewolf said...

Hey Eric!
Lots of learning in these blogs. I am going to continue watching this blog page of yours and learning what I can. Missing you over at TN. Are you on a great hunt?


DennisB