Monday, October 02, 2006

Lets raise a few hundred for your Treasure Project

I talked recently about a for fun project that I am going to do. I have a budget of $300. I can't use any of my own money or equipment. All money needs to be raised just for this project with no borrowing.

How will I do it? Well after I figure out what I want to do I can see about 4 ways that will easily get the moola rolling in. There are actually more ways that I will go into later.

For now figure out your budget and what you need. Then realize there are other ways to get what you need.

Check out http://www.freecycle.org/. This is a place where you can post what you need and give away what you don't need. There is no buying or selling, it is all about keeping stuff out of landfills and recycling. Join the group that covers your area. There is groups all around the world. Figure out your needs and post a wanted message. Sometimes you get what you want, sometimes you don't but you might be surprised. Also watch what is offered and snap it up if you need the item. I have seen people get camping equipment, cars and yes metal detectors on this handy group.

You can also sell items on eBay(TM) and amazon(TM). This is an easy way to earn extra cash for items you no longer need.

Finally for now there is a yard sale. Two days might be all you need to raise a few hundred and get rid of what you do not need. Always place an ad in the papers and have tons of signs. Pay back the money you spend on the ads from what you make at the sale.

It is amazing how much stuff we have that we really do not need. Simplify your life.

I will keep you posted on how I raise the cash and start my for fun treasure adventure.

It will take a few weeks or so, but remember I can only do the for fun project on my spare time.

My current treasure projects must take priority. But when I launch the for fun project you will be updated on everything.

No comments: