Saturday, September 16, 2006

One factor to Success in my world

Sometime last June I was sharing some information with some friends.One of the topics was what makes a successful treasure hunter. The date was June 12 but the date does not matter, it could be any date. But the message is clear.

Here is what I said.

"A few more random thoughts. History and a knowledge of what is going on today is what will make someone a real treasure hunter. If you are just out for the wealth,well you could actually get lucky and make it. But it is history that is the key,well and some hard work.

What do you think June 12 means to me? Is it just another day? When I hear June 12 I see Confederate General J.E.B. Stuart starting his ride around the Army of the Potomac during the Peninsular campaign. I hear the the horses I feel his heart racing,not knowing if he will make it out alive. I hear cannons,muskets firing,I smell the gunpowder lingering in the air. I know history and I feel what they might have felt. Because I know this I can logically figure out who and why. That makes treasure hunting easy for me(well now anyway). I know how they lived and I am an expert on the items I seek.

If you show me a cannon ball that you say is from the civil war I know within 30 seconds of you are trying to sell me a rusty ball bearing or an old shot putt.

Become an expert on what you seek. It will serve you well."

Good Luck out there!

ericwt

No comments: