Thursday, October 12, 2006

If Today was not the day...Well there is always Tomorrow .

It can be such a emotional roller coaster being a treasure hunter. Everyone remembers Mel Fishers famous words "Today is the day!" Upon hearing them we often forget he said it every day for over 10 years. Even after loosing his son and his son's wife, he somehow kept going.

We all know the vision and enthusiasm is necessary to see a project through. It is easy to get frustrated when things don't go our way. It seems that things always take longer than we think. Unexpected obstacle's get in our way in our search for the ultimate rewards.

It took me over 10 years of struggle to get to where I can call my own shots in this business. Looking back I sometimes wounder if it was worth all the price that I paid. My best guess is that it was not, but I know all that I experienced shaped who I am now. So I will accept my choices, regrets and mistakes and wear them with honor.

I am still amazed I came out alive. My goal with this blog is to reach out to those of you who have dreams. It is my hope I can make you path easier than mine. When I really jumped into the world of treasure hunting the Internet was not what it is now. Exchanging information with others was really hard. It still is hard. There is more information out there than ever before. The downside is there is 300 times more crap up there.

There is plenty of websites for treasure hunting information now. But I still find there is more rocks than gems in the various forums and websites. It seems the full time treasure hunters world is closed to all that are not in the fraternity. It has always been that way and will likely be that way. Secrets are guarded closely by those that know the answers, at least to the "Outsiders". The ironic thing is that once you pay the price in this world, everything opens up and people freely share information. It is like they know one of their kind. I can spot a serious treasure hunter a mile away. We know where to find each other, it is kind of odd.

Do not think that just because someone has 2000 or more posts on a treasure forum, that they have a clue to what they are saying. There is so much bad advise out there it is sickening. However there is gems among the rocks on the forums. It will take a while to sort through what is bull and what is real.

You can assume if it is a Treasure lead or Legend that is is totally fake, unless you can verify the story. Do not go chasing rainbows. I will go into this later as I have time.

I would not advise doing full time treasure hunting to anyone unless you have a ton of cash (or rich friends) or sponsorship from a corporation. Yes, there are companies that will bankroll you on your adventure.

The only sane way to do this is by keeping your job and doing this part time until you can make the leap financially after you recover a few big ones. This will take a few years and some learning on you part.

This is what this site is about. I wish you success in treasure hunting. I can give the information, you must take the steps.

No comments: