Friday, August 03, 2007

Some Rogue Thoughts...

I hate careless Rogues. I imagine because I used to be one. You can't tell Rogues anything.

A month or so ago I saw a post on treasurenet. It caught my eye because it was asking about a subject I am an expert on.

After posting a map for them and questioning the poster, I knew what they had in mind. I freaked out and deleted parts of my post. I replied I would not talk about the subject on a public forum and that they needed to email me.

This person had some research (that was highly questionable) and some GPS coordinates for a large treasure ( heard that before). Well based on the subject of the treasure tale, I knew the story was phony. That did not bother me. What bothered me was that it was in a highly dangerous area.

In the past I have tried to recruit experienced treasure hunters with desert experience to go there on a adventure that could have been highly profitable. I could find no one willing to go with me. These were the best of the best desert rats that I knew of. They knew the danger was real and were not willing to risk it.

So here I had and still have a lead with an unimaginable payoff but no one to go with me. I am smart enough to not try this alone with the danger element.

So anyway I try to convince this poster of the real danger. The person is just graduating from a Northern College and is wanting to go to the most dangerous area of the Arizona desert.

I try to tell them of the real danger. I even offer to pay for the adventure and furnish everything that they might need and offer to go to the area myself to make sure this person makes it out alive.

Instead of doing the smart thing and counting their lucky stars that they have found someone who know what they are doing, this person gets sarcastic with me.

What do I do? I blow them off, knowing that if they do make this trip they will likely not make it out alive. I also withheld some crucial information that they needed in the highly unlikely chance they make it out alive.

So, If they do make it out of the danger area they will loose any treasure they find to the government. But I am not real worried about their trove getting eaten by Uncle Sam. Why because the treasure does not exist, and even if it did exist it is under several tons of rock that this person does not have any way to move to get to the treasure.

You can't help some people.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish I had a dollar for every time some TH-er has found the Lost Dutchman, Lost Adams, Mines of Tumacacori, LUE, etc. Every last one of them is convinced they're right on target and every last one of them has failed to provide any credible evidence.

It’s all just talk that these guys use to sell something, play games with people or just satisfy their ego and maybe justify all the time they've spent searching.

Anyone with true knowledge about the location of unclaimed things of great value is silent. Or very naive - internet postings on lost mines and hidden treasure attract a weird bunch of lurkers.

Louie

Anonymous said...

It seems that many people dream of finding that big hit treasure in the sky, filled with alot of sweet riches. Yet, they forget why they are actually doing what they like 2 do in the first place. The thrill of finding that one piece of hidden clue of a forgotten world.
Sincerely, Jonathan James Maxwell

Anonymous said...

well,now I am curious.Where in the AZ ,could be so dangerous???Well,I dont expect a answer.But,as a guy,who is dumb enough to check out old gold mines on a regular basis.It does sound interesting.Me,and my partner in crime,do,have enough sense to take a gas sensor,directional gear,altitude gear,etc,etc.
As to the persons sarcasm,I see it all the time.To try and put someone on the right path,and get kicked for it--go figure----lol

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

Anonymous said...

These "Treasures" are out there somewhere. No one has found them so people still look and wish that they will get lucky. Every State in the Nation has about a thousand treasure sites. For the most part, they are sites WITHOUT a treasure.
OR, its a known site and is under the control of the Government by making the area a National Park, Monument, Wildlife Preserve...
These areas are monitored by the USAF.. If ya didn't know.

Small size treasures are still to be found. Over the last 30 years of my hunts I've located 4 caches. But mostly I mine, the treasure hunting that I'm doing is from the amount of "signs" found from Spainish and Mexican digs as locators. These all lead to mines not treasures. Sometimes ,if the miners had Indian trouble they might have left their stash in the mine. Or, if they were unlicensed, their bars were unmarked contraband and stashed.
Since I haven't found ANYONE who wanted to go with me I've been by my self, camping in remote places. NOBODY wanted to go. You can't get anyone to venture out for any length of time.
People have to make a living.

How many people do you guys read about who are "right on target", they've spent 20-30 years on this one site and have NEVER picked up a shovel, or removed 1 bucket full of dirt? I've met people who talk the talk but are as lazy as they come. Then I've met folks who are digging but haven't a clue as to what they are doing. Or they've found a bunch of markers, and they know that these mean something but can't figure it out.

Most of this site seems to be kind of OLD by more than 3-4 years...
UPDATE! There is 1 who is still outside most of the year and is still looking with electronics, not my eyes.

Aufinder01

Anonymous said...

Having old people tell you stories about lost treasures and using this stories to try to locate one is a good way to start a quest?

aussie said...

The John Swift Lost Silver Mines legend is very popular in our neck of the woods. When someone gets the treasure bug it is very difficult to change their minds. They will grab their metal detectors and head out despite the odds. The bad economy is now making the greed worse than ever.

Devoted Newbie said...

Marco Polo's 13. I am going to assume you have at least done research on it. The ships that where never found, everything FULL of treasure. I have soem research done and I am researching ALL of Marco's life down to every last detail. I need to find out what happened to the ships and looking at Marco's past will help me figure out if he would have made a plan for the ships to be taken away to a seprate location for Marco later. Of course I would like some help so you can email( or is it e-mail, maybe E-mail) me at theotherdimension333@gmail.com

Derick Gross said...

Hi mr Treasure hunter i just love your heart and what you are all about! I can only see one thing here and that you are the treasure in this amazing story thanks for sharing.


And I will give thee the treasures of darkness, and hidden riches of secret places, that thou mayest know that I, the Lord, which call thee by thy name, am the God of Israel.
(Isaiah 45:3)